Orexia

Recipe fantasy to food reality.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Spicy chicken and cashew salad

This is an adaptation of something served at the Coeur d'Alene Brewery Alehouse in Moscow (you could order one with a beer when you come out for Drinking Liberally), though we've made a few changes to suit our tastes. I have an undying hatred for celery, but I love my husband more than I hate celery, so in it went.

1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs cooked and chopped into small pieces
1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 12 oz can pineapple chunks, drained
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 cup cashews, roasted
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon fish sauce
black pepper to taste

There aren't really any instructions to this recipe other than to put all this stuff together. The ingredients in the dressing can be adjusted to taste - I like more hot sauce than my husband does. Serve cold on crackers or wrapped in a tortilla with lettuce.

3 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger stebbijo said...

I did not know you did recipes. this is awesome.

INWBA is getting ready to do another topic icon for this and compile a cookbook.

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, I'm RV-ing with my husband in New Mexico, and just came across your wonderful blog. Nice surprise for me! I'll try the chicken cashew salad for my huband, who likes celery and loves good food! Your jambalaya recipe sounds great, too. I'll be looking for more goodies on your blog. Thanks, Ann (Bastrop, Texas)

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the chicken cashew salad and will try it this Sunday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home