Orexia

Recipe fantasy to food reality.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Manila Cake
or
It came to me in a dream

On Saturday night, I had a very vivid dream about making a cake called "manila cake." It was a four-layered yellow cake, triangular in shape, with white frosting and fruit slices stuck to it. In my dream it was one of the accepted classics, like a german chocolate cake or a pineapple upside down cake.

When I woke up, I knew I had to make it. I used the starlight yellow cake recipe from good ol' Betty Crocker, and used lemon buttercream frosting. For the fruit, I used kiwi, orange and mango. We served it last night to dinner guests and it was very well-recieved. I am not exactly a pastry chef, and it's hard to transpose a recipe from dream to reality, but I think it turned out nicely.

1 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Alanna Kellogg said...

So interesting ... to dream about something you've never had before. Glad it turned out, well, dreamy?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home