Orexia

Recipe fantasy to food reality.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Fennel and Cucumber Salad with Meyer Lemon Dressing

Salad
2 large cucumbers, sliced
2 fennel bulbs, chopped into slivers

Dressing
1/4 cup fennel fronds
zest and juice of 3 meyer lemons
zest and juice of two lemons
6 sprigs fresh dill
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

In case it's not obvious, you combine the veggies in a bowl, mix together the ingredients to the dressing, and pour the dressing over the salad. Ta-da!

I'm stealing this recipe directly from my husband, who made this for a potluck we attended last night. It was very well-received, and tasted nicely fresh and summery for February.

3 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Alanna Kellogg said...

Hey Sara -- Good timing, A Veggie Venture if running a Fennel Round-up during February. If it's okay, I'll add your salad to the list! AK

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger saraeanderson said...

By all means, go ahead. Thanks for noticing! You might also want to check out my roasted fennel and chicken thing I posted about a while ago.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Anne said...

I heart meyer lemons!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home