Orexia

Recipe fantasy to food reality.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Soyrizo vs. Chorizo

Have you ever looked at the ingredients list on a package of chorizo? The kind I've bought before actually lists lymph nodes and salivary glands. I try to be grown-up and realistic about the food I eat. I realize that eating dead animals is already kind of gross, but this was truly too much information for me.

Now, when I want a spicy breakfast, I use soyrizo, which I'm pretty satisfied with. It has the same texture problem that most soy-masquerading-as-meat products do, but it's a lot less creepy to bite into something unexpected in my soyrizo and eggs than it is with chorizo that comes from actual animals.

Other meat-like products that I prefer over their actual meat counterparts, due to this creep-out factor, are soy corn dogs and soy "chicken" patties. With these products, though, the original is so highly processed to begin with that replacing it with soy really doesn't change the eating experience too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home