Orexia

Recipe fantasy to food reality.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Wedding Bells and Potato Salad

I'm right now boiling potatoes - lots and lots of them - for a potato salad to be served at a wedding I'm going to this weekend (woo Tony and Carly!). I figured if the salad was good enough that they would ask Andy and I, who are hardly professionals in the realm of food, to make it for their wedding, it has to be good.

And, it is.

Feta and Green been Red Potato Salad

1 pound red potatoes, diced
2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp tabasco sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup crumbled feta

Boil potatoes for 10 minutes in salted water. Add beans to hot water and potatoes, and cook for 5-8 minutes more. Drain potatoes and beans and pour into large bowl. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and tabasco in a measuring cup or other small vessel, and whisk. Pour dressing over potatoes and green beans, and mix. Add feta, and mix again. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot or cold (I prefer hot).

(This is a recipe that was given to me by my mother, who got it from my aunt, and I really don't know where it came from originally, though there was something very much like it in a recent edition of Cooking Light, minus the feta. (What were they thinking?!).)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home