Orexia

Recipe fantasy to food reality.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Relationship Advice

When you can't think of a gift for your husband on your anniversay, try a creme brulee torch. It is the most manly of kitchen tools, so he will be happy. You will be happy because every dessert I can think of is improved by a hard shell of bruleed sugar. For example:

2 peaches, halved and pitted
1 cup dry marsala
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 teaspoon nutmeg
white sugar
vanilla ice cream

Combine marsala, nutmeg, and vanilla extract in a saucepan, and reduce by half over medium heat. Sprinkle sugar over peaches, and fire with kitchen torch until a hard, golden brown shell forms. Drizzle marsala syrup over peaches, and serve one scoop of vanilla ice cream alongside each peach.

My wonderful husband created this recipe the other night (I am only guessing at the amounts in the recipe until I can confirm with him), and it was truly one of the most delcious things I have ever eaten. As peach season (my favorite time of the year) dawns, I encourage all who can to make this dish. Leftover peaches can be stored in the refrigerator, and this makes an excellent breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home