Orexia

Recipe fantasy to food reality.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Iced Tea

It took me a long time to realize that iced tea didn't have to be a few bags of lipton thrown into a big jar and left in the sun all day to get bitter. In fact, it was only after hearing a story on NPR (a year ago? two?) that I realized any tea can be served cold. I blame the ubiquity of pre-packaged foods. Certainly not myself. Every once in a while, I have a sort of epiphone (if you can call it that) where I realize "Hey, I could make macaroons." Or, "Wait a minute, the difference between making a cake from scratch and making a cake from a box is only a few measured ingredients, and I don't have to pay for the packaging or wonder about the preservatives."

Anyhow, I'm currently drinking some cool darjeeling/peppermint tea, and was wondering what other tea combinations anyone likes to make in the summer. Suggestions?

1 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger saraeanderson said...

Some of the Southern cuisine I've heard about (Grits? You'll eat something called "grits?") has made me wonder just what happens to people when they live there. Sweet tea is one of those. Glad to hear that it's a regional insanity that doesn't affect all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home