Orexia

Recipe fantasy to food reality.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Krusteaz Wheat and Honey Pancake Mix

I'm home from work with a cold today, and all I wanted for breakfast was pancakes. In my house, we don't normally cook breakfast - we tend to either roll out of bed in the morning and dash to work with some sort of energy bar in hand, or sleep until noon on weekends and ooze over to the Breakfast Club on Main Street for something delicious and effort-free.

Comfort food was my main objective this morning, so I went out and got orange juice and the above mentioned Krusteaz Wheat and Hoeny pancake mix. I would estimate that 70% of the breakfasts I ate throughout the first 18 years of my life consisted of these pancakes. I'm still not sick of them. I love them. My mother for some reason was always happy to make them for me, and I am sure this is a big part of how my parents indoctrinated me into preferring whole wheat flour-based foods to white flour-based ones.

Now that we've made it through the detour down Memory Lane, I can get to the reason I am posting this. I checked out the ingredient list, thinking I could reproduce it and see what a difference using my own eggs and my own milk makes. After browsing around on Allrecipes, however, I couldn't find something that replicated it. The ingredient list includes soy flour, oddly enough. Another important factor is that there is no buttermilk - I am not a fan of buttermilk pancakes.

With time, I can probably figure this out, but if anyone reading this knows where I should look for a recipe that replicates these pancakes, I'd appreciate the info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home