Orexia

Recipe fantasy to food reality.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sunny Day, Cooking with Family

Today was both my mother's birthday and father's day, so I was able to visit my parents and fulfill two required duties with one meal. It was a gorgeous sunny day, with no clouds, and my husband Andy and I cooked a simple but delicious meal for my parents: chicken breasts stuffed with spinach and feta, potatoes roasted with rosemary and onions, and a fruit salad. I won't bother to list the recipes, because naming the dishes really tells you all you need to know.

Later, after having a beer in the back yard with Andy, while the sun went down, I made some bacon jalapeno corn muffins. Again, the name tells you about all you need to know. They do make a great, rather eye-opening breakfast, though. Often, when I wake up, the last thing I want is something heavily sweet.

Also, when I stopped by to pick up some bacon at the grocery store, I put in an order for about 7 lbs of pork butt. T-minus five days...

1 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't I get invited to the B day party???? I lkie to eat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home