Orexia

Recipe fantasy to food reality.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Things I have never eaten before

I think of myself as a pretty food-literate person, but I still find myself eating things for the first time several times a week. This last week in Vancouver BC allowed me first experience with a lot of foods, so to begin the recap, I will list things I ate that I had never before:

Creme brulee
Montreal Smoked Meat
Gaspatcho
Beets
Monkfish
Olives with pits
Pickled eggplant
Washed-rind cheese
Risotto
Foie Gras
Gnocchi
House wine
Peach cider
Chantarelle mushrooms
Maitake mushrooms

...and that's all I can remember. More soon.

3 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did you come up with the name orexia? I am only aware of www.orexia.com.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger saraeanderson said...

All of the above, though I had a hard time forgetting what foie gras actually is long enough to eat it.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger saraeanderson said...

As for the name, if anorexia means lack of appetite, orexia means appetite. Also if you read my blog you won't be able to stop having orgasms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home