Orexia

Recipe fantasy to food reality.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Things I have never eaten before

I think of myself as a pretty food-literate person, but I still find myself eating things for the first time several times a week. This last week in Vancouver BC allowed me first experience with a lot of foods, so to begin the recap, I will list things I ate that I had never before:

Creme brulee
Montreal Smoked Meat
Gaspatcho
Beets
Monkfish
Olives with pits
Pickled eggplant
Washed-rind cheese
Risotto
Foie Gras
Gnocchi
House wine
Peach cider
Chantarelle mushrooms
Maitake mushrooms

...and that's all I can remember. More soon.

4 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did you come up with the name orexia? I am only aware of www.orexia.com.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Rawdog said...

So which of these did you like?

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Sara E Anderson said...

All of the above, though I had a hard time forgetting what foie gras actually is long enough to eat it.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Sara E Anderson said...

As for the name, if anorexia means lack of appetite, orexia means appetite. Also if you read my blog you won't be able to stop having orgasms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home