Orexia

Recipe fantasy to food reality.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Baby Baklava


Aren't they adorable? I was surprised at how well these turned out, and how little effort they really required. I brushed butter on four or five sheets of phyllo and stacked them. I then cut them into squareish shapes and stuffed those into the cups of a muffin tin. Then, I mixed about 1.5 cups each of crushed walnuts, crushed pecans and pine nuts, and some large amount of cinnamon (probably about two and a half tablespoons). This mixture was poured into the phyllo-lined muffin cups, and then I put the pans in a 375 degree oven and baked for about 10 minutes, until the edges of the phyllo dough were browned. During baking, I warmed up to a boil a syrup of 1 cup honey, 2 cups white sugar, 1/2 cup water and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. This was poured into the cups (about 1.5 tablespoons per cup). Cooling was easy when the temperature was hovering around 0 degrees (F) outside.

2 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger The Almighty Ajax said...

Baby Got Baklava?

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger saraeanderson said...

Ajax, I am going to consult you from now on before I title anything. Being funnier than me on my own blog - what moxy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home